A small group of visionaries including clergy, physicians, counselors and psychiatrists founded the Samaritan Counseling Center in 1983. This group recognized that individuals find healing through attention to mind, body and spirit. The founders applied the model of Samaritan Institute of Denver, CO to develop an integrated, holistic approach to counseling. Using this framework, the Center provides professional faith based counseling and consultation for people of all economic, religious, ethnic/racial and age groups. While we accept insurance as well as self payment, we are committed to providing services to all members of the community and offer a sliding fee scale.
Please Donate Here: https://uncommongiving.com/np/samaritanshreveport
We believe that a well-balanced life includes emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being. Samaritan counselors consider the medical needs, the psychological dimension, and the religious or spiritual beliefs of each individual. Our counselors are people of faith who honor each person’s spiritual journey. We are trained to integrate the resources of faith and the behavioral sciences in counseling. We accept people where they are and walk with them on a therapeutic journey to where they long to be.
Safety Precautions being taken by Samaritan Counseling Center during the COVID-19 crisis.
- All clients and staff entering the building will be required to wear a mask while visiting the center.
- The staff will maintain appropriate social distancing.
- Restroom soap dispensers are maintained, and everyone is encouraged to wash their hands.
- Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is available in the therapy rooms as well as the lobby area.
- All commonly touched surfaces are routinely wiped down and sanitized after each use.
- Physical contact is not encouraged.
- Tissue and trash bins are easily accessed. Trash is disposed of on a frequent basis.
- Common areas are thoroughly disinfected at the end of each day.
All guidelines provided by the CDC and recommendations from the Governor are being closely followed at Samaritan for the health and safety of both of our clients and staff.